School Opening Hours
School is open to children from 08:45 until 15:30 Monday to Friday. Children are expected to arrive by 08:55. The register is taken at 09:00. If calculated from 09:00 when the register is taken, school is open to children, excluding extra-curricular activities, for 32.5 hours per week.
If calculated from 08:45, when teachers are in classrooms to welcome children before the register is taken and activities are available for children to do, school is open to children, excluding extra-curricular activities, for 33.75 hours per week.
Times of the School Day
- 08:45: Playgrounds open for pupils, parents and carers. All children go straight to their classrooms.
- 08:50: School bell is rung.
- 08:55: All gates to the school are closed apart from the Main Entrance Gate. If children arrive after the gates are closed, they are late, so should go straight through the Main Entrance Gate to the School Office to collect a Late Card.
- 09:05: Main Entrance Gate is closed. Access to the premises is via buzzer to the School Office.
- Daily Mile is held on Wednesdays at 08:40 in the Key Stage 2 Playground. All are welcome. Children are expected in their classrooms at 08:55.
- 09:00: Registration
- 10:15 – 10:30: Break Time Years 1, 2 and 3
- 11:00 – 11:15: Break Time Years 4, 5 and 6
- 11:45: LUNCH TIME RECEPTION
- 12:00: LUNCH TIME YEARS 1, 2 AND 3
- 12:45: LUNCH TIME YEARS 4, 5 AND 6
- 14:15: Years 1 and 2
Year 3 will have an afternoon break at the same time for the first half of the Autumn Term to support transition to Key Stage 2.
- 12:45: Afternoon lessons begin Reception
- 13:00: Afternoon lessons begin Years 1, 2 and 3
- 13:45: Afternoon lessons begin Years 4, 5 and 6
- 15:30: LESSONS END
Nursery Session times
- 09:00 – 12:00 and 12:30 – 15:30 Monday – Friday.
- Parents/Carers select their own combination of half/full days depending upon place availability.
In the EYFS, times vary according to planned activities.
- Years 1, 2 and 3: 11.35 – 11.55
- Years 4, 5 and 6: 12.25 – 12.40
IF CHILDREN ARRIVE AFTER 08:55 THEY ARE LATE.
Lessons begin promptly at 09:00. If children arrive after this time, it disrupts lessons for other children and for their teachers, embarrasses them and prevents them from making good progress. Thank you for ensuring your children arrive on time for school every day.