Sport at Brunswick Park
The government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
For more information, please click on the links below:
Sports Funding Download Centre
Please choose from the following options:
- PE and Sports Premium Funding Impact Statement 2018-19
- PE and Sports Premium Plan 2018-19
- PE and Sports Premium Funding Impact Statement 2017-18
- PE and Sports Premium Plan 2017-18
- PE and Sports Premium Impact Statement 2016 – 2017
- Impact Statement for PE and Sports Premium Funding 2015-2016
- PE & Sports Funding 2015-2016
- PE & Sports Funding 2014-2015