Brunswick Park Curriculum
Our Integrated Curriculum at Brunswick Park Primary School
Our integrated curriculum is broad and balanced and has been organised using a subject focused/topic based approach that incorporates progressively the key skills set out in the National Curriculum 2014. It is enriched with trips and visits, visitors to the school, growing vegetables and gardening, cooking and extracurricular clubs and activities. There is a core text linked to the topic each half term, from which learning in English is derived.
The main aims of our curriculum are:
- to build children’s confidence and motivation to learn;
- to embed key skills to prepare our children for life and everyday experiences outside school;
- to provide opportunities to apply knowledge and learning in a variety of ways;
- to stimulate children’s natural curiosity;
- to foster a sense of worth, purpose and personal identity, make informed choices, have enquiring minds and communicate effectively and well;
- to allow and encourage children to take risks with their learning, solve problems, make mistakes and learn from them to develop resilience;
- to teach skills through our children’s interests, what is relevant and what is necessary;
- to appreciate, value and enjoy learning!
Skills and knowledge in English and mathematics are taught daily. They are taught both discretely and through the remaining subjects of the National Curriculum. Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) are taught through an ‘exploring language’ approach, and include Spanish and French. Specialist teachers teach PE, sport and music discretely. Camberwell Leisure Centre provides swimming tuition. The school has an allotment and garden for the children to grow vegetables, which they then prepare and eat.
Click here to download the BPPS CURRICULUM OVERVIEW 2019-2020